My interest in this blog is primarily historical.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Interjections, with excitement, and emotion...

I am exhausted and need to go to bed but had to post this.

Yesterday in class, we were going over parts of speech. In an effort to make my class more engaging, I decided to try mad libs with them. I let them pick their own words and then fill in the story, and without first checking them (dumb first-year teacher move) allowed the students to read their stories aloud to the class.

As you can probably guess from the title of my blog post, one of the parts of speech they were to generate was an interjection. So one of my students read aloud to the class her interpretation of an interjection: "'OMG!' cried the student." Naturally, we all lost it at that moment.

Maybe School House Rock needs to remake their videos for the text messaging generation?

No comments:

Post a Comment