My interest in this blog is primarily historical.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Caseload: A Preview of Things to Come

I decided today, today would be a good day to go and see where I will be working on Monday. I had a phone interview, followed by a phone offer and a phone acceptance - and from then on it's been e-mail communication all the way. I was hoping this would translate into a phone job. I was not so lucky.

Work is only about 20 miles away (in DC traffic, that's roughly an hour, and I'm not jew-zaggerating). The parking garage has an 'early bird special' if you park before 8:30 for the whole day. And hey, I have a *daily meeting* at 8:30, so I'm set! I think the best part is that, this Monday, I've been told to bring my own lunch. We'll be having a meeting during lunch on legal research.

No pay, long hours, and not even a lunch break. Welcome to the world of non-profits.

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment