My interest in this blog is primarily historical.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

PIG.

Per Jed's request, I'm posting pics of last night's pig adventure on the blog.

Dean R., Le-Anh and I had been planning this for months - but a last-minute slew of cancellations/sicknesses/snow in DC made it almost not happen. I actually called the restaurant to cancel and take the huge cancellation fee! My trusty roommate called and UNcanceled...I think the thought of letting that precious pig slip through his fingers was just too much to bear. He rounded up a motley crew of people (I don't know half the people in the pics, but we bonded over pig and beer...is there anything better?), and here is the result (I plead not responsible for the blurry pics!):



















































































































































































...I'm not eating for a while.

4 comments:

  1. Michelle this looks amazing. I really wish I could have been there. What exactly was in those giant bottles? I'm surprised that girl can hold it out like that. It must weight 30 pounds! I definitely agree we should try to arrange another feast sometime. What would you say is the optimal number of people to eat a pig? Do you get to choose your pig like a lobster?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The giant bottles were 3 liter bottles of beer...one was Three Philosophers, one was some Christmas-y thing?

    We had 8 people, but they'll tailor it however many people you have (beyond a certain critical mass).

    I will say though, I'm not one to be squeamish but the pig head bothered me a little. Not so much when it was sitting on the platter normally, but...well, let's just say that pigs' teeth resemble human teeth a little too much for comfort.

    ReplyDelete